- All our products are vegan*, which already goes a significant way to having a relatively low overall eco- and carbon-footprint, as well as resulting in far less exploitation of and cruelty to sentient living beings (non-human animals).
Shambhu’s is registered with the Vegan Society.
- We generally package our food in large foil containers/platters that are both reusable and recyclable. These are also suitable for arranging directly on a buffet table (for example), without the need to transfer into another vessel, and should you need to reheat the food, the large foil containers are oven-friendly.
Where practical, we’ll offer to take back empty our foil containers & lids after your event for reuse/recycling.
- For individual-portion packaging, we use compostable containers made of sustainably-sourced plant fibre. These come with clear plastic lids, which are reusable and recyclable (check with your recycling collection provider).
Where practical, we’ll offer to take back our plastic container-lids after your event for reuse/recycling.
- Our clear dessert pots are made from plant starch and are compostable.
- On request, we provide strong compostable cutlery made of plant starch.
Where practical, we’ll offer to take back our compostable plant-starch cutlery after your event for reuse/recycling.
- On request, we provide sturdy plates made of sustainably-sourced plant fibre and therefore compostable.
- On request, we provide sturdy compostable double-walled paper-based cups (suitable for hot & cold drinks).
- We generally carry out our deliveries in a low-emissions petrol-electric hybrid vehicle.
- We carry out our catering operations so as to aim for zero food waste, which we often achieve.
(* Note for allergy sufferers: Although all our items are vegan and some do not have nuts or gluten-containing ingredients, some of the ingredients used for certain items may have been produced in environments handling dairy, nuts, etc. If you have a particular food allergy, please contact us for more information.)